Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Looking for Cymbal Snaps

Does anybody happen to have any Cymbal Snaps to sell?

These are the screw-on cylindrical metal cymnbal stand toppers containing a riveted thin metal flap that can be spun around. I think they were made by PAISTE, but only for a little while.

I would also consider buying snaps that were machined.

Thanks!

Jeff

- Current restoration Project: Geo Way 5 piece
- 60's Oaklawn Walnut Camco kit (12/12/14/20) matching Snare (Camco hardware and Paiste black logo 2002s)
- 70's LA Maple Camco kit (12/13/16/22) matching Oaklawn snare (Rogers hardware and Paiste Signatures/Mellow ride)
- 70's Blue Vistalite Ludwig Monster kit (6/8/12/13/14/15/16/18/24) matching snare (all Hercules hardware, all Zidljian shadow logos)
Posted on 14 years ago

From jegellman

Does anybody happen to have any Cymbal Snaps to sell? These are the screw-on cylindrical metal cymnbal stand toppers containing a riveted thin metal flap that can be spun around. I think they were made by PAISTE, but only for a little while.I would also consider buying snaps that were machined.Thanks!Jeff

These were made by Zildjian, not Paiste. I had a few of them years ago.....but haven't seen any on the market in at least 25 years. They didn't sell well (they rattled!). I know Camber used to sell a fixed version of the cymbal snap (the top part was a permanent T shape with no moving parts that was small enough to allow you to fit a cymbal center hole over it yet still keep the cymbal from flying off the stand when played), not sure if they are still available.

Posted on 14 years ago

there was a triple set on ebay two weeks ago and sold for $78.00 can you believe it? from kingsmusic.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

there was a triple set on ebay two weeks ago and sold for $78.00 can you believe it? from kingsmusic.

No I cant! These were something like $3.99 for a pair when they were new!

Posted on 14 years ago

From Ludwig-dude

These were made by Zildjian, not Paiste. I had a few of them years ago.....but haven't seen any on the market in at least 25 years. They didn't sell well (they rattled!). I know Camber used to sell a fixed version of the cymbal snap (the top part was a permanent T shape with no moving parts that was small enough to allow you to fit a cymbal center hole over it yet still keep the cymbal from flying off the stand when played), not sure if they are still available.

I know i have the the camber ones i will have to check to see if i have the other ones...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Mikey-- very much appreciated!

- 60's Oaklawn Walnut Camco kit (12/12/14/20) matching Snare (Camco hardware and Paiste black logo 2002s)
- 70's LA Maple Camco kit (12/13/16/22) matching Oaklawn snare (Rogers hardware and Paiste Signatures/Mellow ride)
- 70's Blue Vistalite Ludwig Monster kit (6/8/12/13/14/15/16/18/24) matching snare (all Hercules hardware, all Zidljian shadow logos)
Posted on 14 years ago
Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

iam still looking in the shop for the Camber ones,but i do have 3 Zildjian ones..P.M. me if you like but best to email me..Thanks Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

EMAIL sent.

Posted on 14 years ago

Email reply sent..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here