I am looking for the snare to complete a set that I have had since new in 12/68. The set was made by Pearl and sold by Sears. None of the drums are badged with "Pearl" or any other ID, however the original pedal and drum key have the Pearl logo. Looking through the 68 and 69 Pearl catalogs the set looks as though it was sold with a combination of parts from both years, but it was definitely made by Pearl. The cymbal and snare stands match 68. The bass pedal is a deluxe 68 or a standard 69. The tom mount on the bass is a rail mount as in 68. The high hat stand matches 68 except for the pedal, which is chrome stamped steel with rubber foot pad as in 69. I only have an old photo of the snare to reference as it was lost (long story) around 1979. It is clearly the chrome 8 lug snare #4614 in the 69 catalog. The shell is definitely 69, however the lugs on the drum that I am looking for were not the side cut lug (C-046) as pictured on the drum in the catalog. As near as I can tell from the old photo the lugs on the original snare were the rounder cut #C-045. I do remember all of the lugs in the set, including those on the snare, matching. The C-045 lug matches much better than the C-046 so I am pretty sure, odd as it may seem, that that is the way it was made. The snare pictured in the 68 catalog is definitely not the drum. The shell and throwoff are different. Does anyone know where I might locate a critter like this?