Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

looking for a supraphonic

I am looking for a good eight lug supraphonic with serial numbers in the 1300000 range. Mid seventies. Like an idiot I sold mine years ago when I switched to brass.

Posted on 13 years ago

Did you mean to state "10-lug"?

Also, could you provide some idea of how much you'd like to spend on the drum?

Thanks!

Posted on 13 years ago

It has been since the early eighties , but I could have swore mine only came as with eight lugs. Maybe it was not a supraphonic after all.

I was hoping to find one in the $250 to $350 range. Now I'm not even sure it is what I want.

Posted on 13 years ago

From 1974ludwig

It has been since the early eighties , but I could have swore mine only came as with eight lugs. Maybe it was not a supraphonic after all.I was hoping to find one in the $250 to $350 range. Now I'm not even sure it is what I want.

All Supraphonic snare drums have always been 10 lug drums. I have one with a shell dated Nov, 1970. It's a great sounding drum. Take a look on eBay for what they are selling for. You'll find them in varying cosmetic condition, thanks to chrome not really wanting to take to aluminum and "Ludalloy"! The cleaner the chrome on the shell, the more you can expect to pay for it. I would certainly think that you can get a really nice one for the upper end of your range. Good luck!

Posted on 13 years ago

Ludwig's Acrolite was/is an (also) aluminum shell snare with 8 bowtie lugs - maybe that's what you're looking for? They're great sounding snares, mighty plentiful, and less than half the price of a supra in good shape.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here