Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Looking for '60s Premier HiFi lugs...

Anyone know where I can find any? I've checked behind the fridge and nothing! :)

The pics I have are too large to post, but will try to get them down to a postable size. But if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be most appreciative!

Thanks,

Trev

Posted on 8 years ago

I have had to resize the pics in Paint to get them posted.

Posted on 8 years ago

Yeah, me too. They lose a lot of resolution unfortunately. I'll give it a whirl though.

Cheers,

Trev

Posted on 8 years ago

Wow, didn't expect this to load!

You can't quite tell from this pic, but most of the lugs are in pretty tired shape and one has a stress crack at the point where the mounting screw goes in. Just waiting for this lug to split in half. Such a great sounding drum and I'd like to keep using it.

I've got some close-up pics of the lugs, but they're upwards of 7mb for some reason! Took them on my phone and didn't think they'd be so big. Will post as soon as I can get them down to a reasonable size.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Hi Trev!

So, I just checked behind my fridge...and found 8 Premier lugs! Who knew! LoLoLoLo

Just took a picture for you to see them. Not quite sure if they are the exact lugs or not. Mine are from a Premier Olympic chrome shell snare drum. They come with all parts, including those needed to attach to the shell.

-Mark

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

From idrum4fun

Hi Trev!So, I just checked behind my fridge...and found 8 Premier lugs! Who knew! LoLoLoLoJust took a picture for you to see them. Not quite sure if they are the exact lugs or not. Mine are from a Premier Olympic chrome shell snare drum. They come with all parts, including those needed to attach to the shell.-Mark

G'day Mark!

It's great when you find stuff behind the fridge! No, those are a bit different to mine. I have an 60s Olympic snare also, and the lugs are similar to the HiFi, but not an exact match. I'm losing a lot of resolution, but will try again to post the close-ups.

Here's my Olympic, just out of interest. Not the best pic but I think the lugs are much like yours.

Thanks for the offer (and the pic!), though I'll have to decline.

Cheers mate,

Trev

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Okay, lost a lot of res, but this is a close up of one of the good ones. I emailed Nick Hopkins as well - he reckons lugs from a Royal Ace are the same, COB shell etc. Sadly he only has ones in the same poor condition as mine!

Cheers,

Trev

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here