Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

looking for 60's-70's Yamaha

hi all

to be honest, i typically don't get into the whole "vintage" thing, but i saw a 60's Yamaha 3pc kit (13"x9"/16"x16"/22"x14") in Blue Willow complete w/ a rail mount (which i didn't even realize Yamaha did) and absolutely FELL IN LOVE W/ IT.

i bid on it and was winning for a decent chunk of the auction, but ultimately lost due the server not registering my final bid in time.

SO...i'm asking for help locating a similar kit. i'm open to any suggestions anyone has. the only parameters are that its a Yamaha from the 60's or 70's, and that the kick drum is a 22".

any help from the community would be greatly appreciated. inside or outside the US, if you've seen one or know of one, please let me know!

thanks!

JAK

One person trying to make it in a sea of chaos.
Posted on 14 years ago

are Yamaha kits this old just that difficult to find that no one knows where one is or is this the wrong way to go about it?

any guidance to proper use of this forum would be appreciated.

JAK

Posted on 14 years ago

From Jkern184

are Yamaha kits this old just that difficult to find that no one knows where one is or is this the wrong way to go about it?any guidance to proper use of this forum would be appreciated.JAK

Well, it is the kind of wrong place to post, you should repost to the "Wanted to Buy" area. And yes, old Yammies are really hard to find. They just did not participate in flooding the market like the other Japanese makers, and they are really good drums. Have you tried setting up a search on the bay? That is probably your best bet.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

sorry um...totally missed that section when perusing the forums.

i am officially "that guy." Lame

i've been religiously searching Google, eBay, Craigslist and searching for shops.

the only shops i've found typically only want to sell restored kits.

thanks for the advice!

JAK

Posted on 14 years ago

Here is a 60s yamaha in Brown Willow on the Austin CL. 14x20, 12x10 (10x12 maybe?), and 14x14. Guy is asking $800. No pictures posted. http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/1437987630.html

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here