Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Looking for 2" metric? Tension Rods

I am restoring my old 1971 Japanese set and I'm missing 6 tension rods. The standard #12-24 thread does not work, these lugs require the tighter thread, maybe metric but I am not sure.

Does anyone have any idea where to get these?

Thanks, ctdrummer

Posted on 13 years ago

From ctdrummer

I am restoring my old 1971 Japanese set and I'm missing 6 tension rods. The standard #12-24 thread does not work, these lugs require the tighter thread, maybe metric but I am not sure.Does anyone have any idea where to get these?Thanks, ctdrummer

Ia'm the vintage 60's-70's made in japan drum guy..Yes your T-rods are Metric they are thin odd size threads..Yes i have them..Best to email me [email]ahldrummer@yahoo.com[/email] thanks mike

Posted on 13 years ago

Go to your local drum shop and get new inserts as well as rods, I promise you it will save MANY headaches in the days to come. Not worth "trying to keep it all original" as the rods you have are likely Star and irreplaceable, period. The inserts and rods will cost less than originals after you factor in shipping from an ebayer.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks, Makes sense.

From jonnistix

Go to your local drum shop and get new inserts as well as rods, I promise you it will save MANY headaches in the days to come. Not worth "trying to keep it all original" as the rods you have are likely Star and irreplaceable, period. The inserts and rods will cost less than originals after you factor in shipping from an ebayer.

Posted on 13 years ago

If you get new inserts, try to find the ones with the collar for the spring, rather than the ones with the flat base. The ones that look like a lower case "t" rather than the capitol "T." (I know that isn't a very clear way to describe it, but it's the best I can do without a pic.) The ones with the collar are my preference, anyway.

Good luck with the restoration! Please, show us some pics when you're done!

Posted on 13 years ago

Will do, thanks!

Funny story behind this set. I don't remember the manufacturer and there are no markings anywhere. When I was young, my friends had Slingerlands and Ludwigs. I was embarrassed of my off brand and removed the badges from my set. One nice thing about being older is you don't care what other people think about things such as this. I'm pretty certain they are made by Star.

From cn679

If you get new inserts, try to find the ones with the collar for the spring, rather than the ones with the flat base. The ones that look like a lower case "t" rather than the capitol "T." (I know that isn't a very clear way to describe it, but it's the best I can do without a pic.) The ones with the collar are my preference, anyway.Good luck with the restoration! Please, show us some pics when you're done!

Posted on 13 years ago

I love the internet!

Here is my exact drum from 1970. It's the gold one in the lower left.

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=10&now=1

Excited

From ctdrummer

Will do, thanks!Funny story behind this set. I don't remember the manufacturer and there are no markings anywhere. When I was young, my friends had Slingerlands and Ludwigs. I was embarrassed of my off brand and removed the badges from my set. One nice thing about being older is you don't care what other people think about things such as this. I'm pretty certain they are made by Star.

Posted on 13 years ago

Ha! They didn't even show the badges in the catalog pics! Gotta love it!

And yes, they are Star. Cool set, are they the 12/14/20 sizes? and do you have all of the original parts?

Posted on 13 years ago

All the MIJ sets I've owned (4) have not had badges at all. "We don't need no stickin badges" LOL! Jon, I like the insert idea.

Posted on 13 years ago

Put the new six rods/inserts on the bottom of the floor tom,..no-one looks at those anyway !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here