Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Looking for 1920s era recording equipmen!

Well, here's one off the beaten path I'd say!

I'm looking for vintage 1920s era recording equipment,.... (megaphones, 78 recording equip., microphone(s), Westinghouse A1 mics, etc.)

Thanks fellas!!!Cool1

Posted on 14 years ago

What, pray tell, is the project?

[IMG]http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/kaaawa2000/record_player.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm thinking of doing some stuff with a friend, some hot jazz from the 1920s, so, with my crazy affliction for all things of antiquity, (more so of the 20s and 30s), its just a natural idea to pick up some equipment of the era, research it, learn, learn, and learn some more!

Clapping Happy2

So its part practical application, part history admiration and curiosity, and 100% wackyness from which I couldn't divert from if I was pried from it with a crowbar!.... Eye Ball

Posted on 14 years ago

Bump

still looking

Posted on 14 years ago

Contact Ft. Horton in Austin, Tx. Billy Horton has a 50's / 60's studio setup and might be able to point you in the direction for your search.

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 14 years ago

They Might Be Giants did a song called "I Can Hear You" that they recorded on one of Edison's old records (I think at the Edison museum in NJ).

Posted on 14 years ago

From Rich K.

They Might Be Giants did a song called "I Can Hear You" that they recorded on one of Edison's old records (I think at the Edison museum in NJ).

Really?....never heard that one?....that's awesome! I'll be looking into that!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here