Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Lets Play, GUESS THE DRUM!!!

Hello all,

This is my new old drum kit, it was my dads which he obtained as a youthful teenager, he then went and covered it with black vinyl because all the drums were different colours! now, this is where the fun begins! what are they? I know the toms are Sonor for they have the logo on the lugs, but i'm not sure about the bass and snare! HELP!! thanks to any future postees.

krisband2

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, I'm in.

Snare - Premier? the lugs look like Premier to me, but I need to see the strainer and butt side

You say the toms are marked Sonor on the lugs and I do not see that.

Can you get an interior photo of the drums??

From my perspective I see Pearl (type) Japanese style leg mounts and bass drum cymbal mount. Sonor Tom mount on the mounted tom.

The lugs also look like Slingerland copies. The insides of the shells should tell more to the story.

Also a photo of the lugs with the Sonor logo.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

thanks david, i'll get some more photos soon, the sonor emblem on the toms is on the tom mount, i'll get a photo of that two!

i've already replaced the strainer on the snare as it was pretty dead but i'll post a photo of the old one, it does say 'made in england' come to mention it.

thanks!

Posted on 18 years ago

hello there david, enclosed are a few more pictures, sorry for the delay but my kit isn't with me at the moment! included; the underside of the snare (although i have replaced the strainer and wires), inside the tom (i hope this gives enough info as it's looking through the head) more details of the tom holders and bass drum (with cymbal stand attchment) are the lugs on the bass drum specific to a particular make? i haven't seen them anywhere else before. The sonor emblem is on the 13'' tom tom.

cheers mate,

kris

Posted on 18 years ago

I would be surprised if those toms are actually Sonors. The tom mount is no doubt a Sonor most likely teardrop era but nothing else on the ride or floor tom suggest Sonor to me. Floor tom leg mounts don't resemble any Sonors I've seen. Also, it seems unlikely that anyone would replace all those Sonor lugs with the lugs that are on the drums now.

Posted on 18 years ago

thanks for your replies! This kit is a bit of a frankenstein kit, it was pieced together by my dad in the 1960's. i knew the drums might differ from each other but i didn't realise the lugs and chrome are all different too! it is a frankenstein kit!

kris

Posted on 18 years ago

The drums look like they have the same lugs as a 'Drum-Mate' kit we had in a while back. Drum-Mate were made by the company that became 'Star' drums, which in turn became Tama. However, it's original brand could be one of many FE brands that proliferated in the 60's.

The snare is an early 60's Olympic (made by Premier).

www.blenheimdrums.co.uk
Premier spare parts
Posted on 18 years ago

cheers guys, this is all really interesting stuff! my quest continues...

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here