Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Legend Drums

I am looking for any info or history on Legend drums, snares in particular. Years, opinions , etc.

Thanks again

Posted on 17 years ago

soothetic...

You know what's interesting on the history of Legend drums... the ORIGINAL contract for building those snare drums went to... Joe Montineri! Joe was one of the FIRST Custom/Boutique drum builders around... way before it was the NORM to custom build. Now, Joe is a very good friend of mine, and we have discussed the Legend drums from time to time. I remember him saying that the first run of snare drums was exceptional... and ... he can tell, based on the lug/badge, which drums he built. Anyway,

As I recall, he wasn't able to stay up with or meet the demand... ( it was just Joe and his brother Paul building and finishing those drums! ) ... so the contract went to another company... and those drums are different from Joe's. Interesting.

They may have been Gretsch/Jasper shells at first, but I know they ended up with, what else, Keller shells at the end. I will find out for sure from Joe though, as I am trying to rememember what we had talked about. But, you now know that the first run Legend snare drums were built by Joe Montineri, which is really cool as Joe is one EXCELLENT designer/builder. Let me see if I can fill in a few more blanks for you... Stay tuned!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

I know this is an old post, and if you are still looking for info about legend drums,I have the order catalogs and such direct from Kamen, with all of the available sizes, serial numbers and such.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here