Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Leedy tension rods

I need old Leedy tension rods, which is thinner than most of typical tension rods.

My snare is from 1930, so tension rods around the era would be match with mine.

If you have any information, please PM me or send email to [email]elvinish335@gmail.com[/email]

Posted on 14 years ago

I have been looking for these also. John Aldridge (sp?) has some, but they are too short for my drum. You might try him. If you do find some somewhere, I'd like to know. I have 15 rusty ones, so I only really need one.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi,I have some.if the ones you are looking for have like a hex top with a slot on top for drum key..How long are the t-rods you need?? mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From MIKEY777

Hi,I have some.if the ones you are looking for have like a hex top with a slot on top for drum key..How long are the t-rods you need?? mikey

I THINK the ones with the hex and slot are 12/24 are are for Leedy and Strupe...

Posted on 14 years ago

From Rich K.

I THINK the ones with the hex and slot are 12/24 are are for Leedy and Strupe...

Hi,Yes Rich K is right .The t-rods are hex with slot are Leedy and Strupe...I have a l and s snare..But anyway i do have some leedys t-rods that are rounded on top and take a drum key..If i recall right i think i have only 6-10 of them ...mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi, thanks guys.

The tension rods I'm looking for are 10/24 or W3/16.

The today's rods are 12/24.

I'm thinking to make 10/24 from 12/24. Does anyone know if it's possible or not?

Posted on 14 years ago

From takauya

I'm thinking to make 10/24 from 12/24. Does anyone know if it's possible or not?

I would not recommend this. You wouldn't be able to run it through a 10/24 die without breaking unless you first reduce the size - which means hand filing unless you have some special metal-working tools. I think you would be better off buying a long 10/24 brass machine screw and washer, and using that until you can find an original trod.

Posted on 14 years ago

From 4MoreYearsOhNo

I would not recommend this. You wouldn't be able to run it through a 10/24 die without breaking unless you first reduce the size - which means hand filing unless you have some special metal-working tools. I think you would be better off buying a long 10/24 brass machine screw and washer, and using that until you can find an original trod.

Thank you.

Yes, I was told the same thing from a professional.

He says he can do that first resize it with the lathe and change the pitch with the tool. He also says he can do it for free to me, so this is solved.

I still want Leedy original tension rods though.

Thank you everyone!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here