Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Leedy Snare/Hand Drum ??

OK I have this Leedy Elkhart Ind. badged 6 lug, 13" diameter and 9" deep snare/ handrum. It has duco maroon and gold finish. One end is single tension rods going to the 'snare' side and the other end has a 'hand drum' with a head with rivets on the rim. If I peer through the badge hole I can see numbers " 1122" and in another location "2 42" and also "41 9".

Has a swivel mount at the seam on the side and also some small knob of some sort. Good overall condition, seems to have some really old skin heads that are in fine condition on her. I don't know all that much about drums but this a really cool looking piece. What do I have? Model, year, etc etc. I will attempt to get photo files over to the web administrator. Thanks in advance

"mgrlouisville"

2 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

This is a Leedy mounted tom. Also called a single tension tuneable tom tom The piece on the second photo is part of the tom arm. The rest of it is missing it would attach to the hoop of a bass drum.

The finish is called Duco or also called Bi-Color Lacquer Finish. your is Maroon and Gold.

I'm guessing 1942.

The other round knob is called a tone control or also called a muffler

Hope that helps.

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here