Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Leedy Shelly Manne snare wires

I recently picked up a nice Shelly Manne wood shell snare drum in Blue Satin Flame Pearl. Fantastic drum in need of a cleaning, BTW - the foaming bubbles and toothbrush method works great! The one rivet in the strainer is broke loose too, but that I can handle.

It is missing the original snare wires and I was wondering if there are aftermarket snares available for these drums? I have a set I can use on it with plastic strips that I had on the COB model I already have, for which I scored a NOS set a couple years ago. I can rivet if needed but I have no metal strips.

Also, anyone ever disassemble one of these Broadway throws?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Drum Kits
1965 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Blue
1966 Ludwig Clubdate Oyster Black
1969 Ludwig BB Blue Oyster Keystone Clubdate
1971 Ludwig BB Black Oyster
Early 60's Camco Oaklawns Champagne Sparkle
Posted on 4 years ago

Puresound was the only company selling wires for this drum. It was the PRS1416. These were extended wires, with a short metal tab for the butt end and a longer metal tab for the strainer side. You had to drill a hole for the strainer side yourself! Unfortunately, they're no longer in production, but you might find them online from time to time. Hope this helps.

Here's a good link to show/tell all about it... https://vintagedrumguide.com/images/snare_applications/slingerland_3point/slingerland_3-point.html

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here