Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Leedy Reliance Snare Drum Project

I recently picked up a vintage Leedy Reliance snare drum that, although having all its original components, needed repair work done to the shell itself (lifting issues)as well as the batter side wooden reinforcement ring, which had detached from the shell. The drum came in its original black lacquer finish, which was in pretty rough condition and the snare side head was severaly torn.

While working several other projects I happened to notice a Mediterranean Pearl wrap being offered by The Precision Drum Company. It reminded me somewhat of Ludwig's vintage Peacock Pearl wrap. I thought this particular drum might be a nice candidate for this particular wrap. In my opinion, these types of wraps seem to show better on shells featuring tube lugs.

I've attached some "before" and "after pics of the drum. The first three show how the drum looked at the time I purchased it, while the last two show it as it looks today. I've still got to pick up some snare wires (any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated).

Just thought that I'd share these with my "forum-mates"!

THANKS for looking!:)

Posted on 14 years ago

Really beautiful, man!!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here