Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Leedy Questions

Hello, I am a first timer to the forum. I need some info on some drums I just came across. They are Leedy drums, a snare and a bass, both WMP, both were owned and bought new by the same man. The snare is a 6.5X14 clean as a pin, all original(including the heads)the bass is a 22" matching although the finish has yellowed just a tad.They both have blue oval badges without the zipcode. Along with these two drums I also got a few cymbals including a couple old Italian thin jobs, an old Alejian which I believe is a Zildjian made cymbal for Leedy, and a bunch of old stands,sticks,etc... My question is, where can I find fair values on these pieces? I would rather sell the whole deal instead of splitting it all up. I'm sure someone would like to have it. I sometimes deal on Ebay with guitar stuff but I'm not so sure I want to go that route with these drums. Any guidance would be great, I would also consider trading these for pro guitar gear but probably should stick to just selling. Let me know Your thoughts, I can supply pics to anyone who may be interested. Thanks,Chris

Posted on 15 years ago

Give is a few photos of the drums and items. That would really help.

Mainly because we want to know which snare drum it is and the condition of everything.

No need for super close up shots, just an overall shot so we get the big picture..

David

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yes, I agree w/ above. Also...be sure to click the badge....determines what era of Leedy it is.

http://www.leedydrum.com/since1895.html

You can do a search on eFlay....completed auctions, "Leedy".

Do the same with the cymbals. Am curious if you could also click a pic of the cymbal embossments/stamps. The Alejians and Zildjian in particular may be worth a fair penny.

Obviously better to sell to other afficionados...but if you cannot get any bites you could always do an eBay auction w/ a reserve price...just to test the waters if nothing else.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks fellas, I know I need to put up some pics, my camera is wigging out on me lately.I will try to post some pics tomorrow. I do know from the little bit of research I did online the snare appears to be a Broadway model, it has double lugs. The badge comes up everywhere as late 50's- early 60's but a drummer friend of mine thinks that they are a little newer than that,,maybe mid 60's??? I already have a buyer for the Zildjian cymbal which is a 15" crash.I may end up throwing it all on Ebay but shutter at shipping the bass drum. Once again thanks, I will post pics asap!!! Chris

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here