Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Leedy muffler ID

I recently picked up a few older Leedy and Leedy/Ludwig kits and currently working on cleaning them up... most of my experience has been with drums from the 60's on so getting into these drums from the 30's and 40's has been interesting.

Most of the toms have the standard Leedy muffler that I have found in various catalogs (part # 8094 in the 1949 Catalog) but there are some drums with a 'fake' muffler that I can't find anywhere in the catalogs but looks original. I say 'fake' because from the outside, it looks like the regular muffler but it doesn't have the internal mechanism.

In the first picture you can see the complete muffler, pic # 2 shows what the 'fake' muffler looks like when installed on the drum, #3 shows what it looks like from inside and #4 shows what it looks like uninstalled.

The hole spacing is exactly the same so I guess it's original but any information would be much appreciated!

Thx,

Peter

Posted on 6 years ago

Original muffler probably went missing after being removed for years....someone had a muffler knob, used a few screws to fill the holes. That's my take on it anyway....

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here