Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Leedy Help Needed!

I've got two Leedy drums that I'll be selling in the immediate future -- a "Spartan" Model 28 x 14 Bass Drum and Tacked-Bottom 13 x 9 Rack Tom. Rather than using e-Bay, I'm considering listing them on the local craigslist. By doing so I can avoid the hassle of the packaging and shipping issues.

I'm looking for some advice regarding a reasonable listing price for the pair.

Both pieces are in a Black Diamond Pearl wrap and I believe that both are from the 1930s, but I might be mistaken.

From the research I've done, the bass drum's shell should be a a 3-ply laminate. The heads, which I've never removed since I purchased the drum many years ago, appear to be some sort of calfskin. Two of the t-rods are different from the others, although I believe that all are from the same era. The BDP in-lays on the bass drum hoops don't appear to be original and there's a small section on one of the wooden hoops that appears to have been cut out somewhat, perhaps to mount the bass drum pedal -- just a guess on my part.

The shell on the rack tom is in extremely nice condition and stamped "3811" on the interior. Mounted on the shell is the original muffler assembly and part of the mounting bracket needed to clamp it onto the bass drum. There's also a key holder mounted. The batter side head is held down with rim clips, common for the time period. The tacked down head is in extremely clean condition.

I've attached a few pics in order to help you get an idea of what I've got. I've got additional pics, should you need to see them. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

As usual, THANKS in advance for your time and your help!Clapping Happy2

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I take it there is no other hardware attached to the bass drum?

Despite the inlay hoop issue, the bass is probably worth about $120-50, the tom about $75 or so.

I mean, maybe on eFlay an open auction would inflate the final bids a bit, but on C'list I have found you lways have to lower the selling price about 15% or so....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here