Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Leedy Drum Help

Ok so as many of you drummies have probably heard I have this 1920's-1930's leedy project going on. UNFORTUNATELY I just measured the diameter of the 16x16 and, well, it turns out its a 15 1/2" by 16". Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to turn it into a bass drum.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

Sounds weird...old Leedy drums were pretty exact. Are you sure it's 15.5" all the way around, or is the drum warped? If it IS 15.5", you could still use 16" hoops. Put small gaskets under the lugs so the tension rods go straight.

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the reply Rich.

I double checked the drum and its 15.5" all around. If I used the gaskets would a 16" drumhead be alright to use?

Also in other news about the leedy kit, I just got a leedy marching drum. A 16"x12", its missing 2 nickle broadway lugs. Does anyone have any they would like to sell? Also does anyone know a any places that sells nickle lugs as I prefer the look to chrome. Also this is a 1930s-1940s set and it would look a bit more authentic...

Cheers

Harrison

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Red"]Bump. D' Drummer [/COLOR]

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here