Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Leedy date stamp of 3907 questions

I have a vintage Leedy set that has a date stamp inside of 3907. Does that mean the set was made in July of 1939? The metal hardware is not chrome but some kind of raw metal finish. It is rusted in places and I want to safely clean the rust without marring the original look of the metal. Any ideas? thanks

Posted on 16 years ago

Hello,as For Your Questions..yes The Numbers Makes Your Drum Date July,1939..the Metal Parts Finish Is Nickel Not Chrome,nickel Was Used By Many Drum Companys From The 1910s-1960s..mike

Posted on 16 years ago

Hello, try waxing it with car wax.

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks, guys. This helps confirm what I thought about the date of manufacture. I am going to try the car wax and some of the other ideas I found on this site to get the set back into beautiful shape. Have a Happy New Year

Posted on 16 years ago

Cape Cod Polishing Cloths (Ace Hardware) work great on nickel...How about some photos?

Mike Curotto

Posted on 16 years ago

Hey Mike, thanks for the tip. My photos are all made at 6.0mp so each one is about a meg and they won't let me post anything larger than 97kb. Any ideas on the easiest way to resize these things smaller so I can post them here? Thx

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here