Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Leedy Broadway Parallel & Duplex questions

Hey guys, I bought some drums from a drum collectors estate sale and I got these two beauties for a steal. Here are my questions (see pictures)

The leedy seems to have extra holes drilled but I can't imagine why. I've searched for pictures of this drum to try and find what these might have been drilled for and came up with nothing. If anybody could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it or if anybody can guide me to repairing these I'd love to hear suggestions.

The duplex has a Ludwig strainer but for the price I had to get it. I would love to find the original strainer and butt plate for this drum which I know will be a tall order but I thought I'd put that out there. Also, I was wondering if that rogue hole by the throw off was original.

Thanks for any info you guys can provide!

When in doubt, lay out.
Posted on 10 years ago

G,

I am the guy that was talking to you today about both of those drums. If I come across anything for your Duplex I will let you know. It was nice meeting you today.

Good luck, Randy

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks Randy, nice to meet ya!

When in doubt, lay out.
Posted on 10 years ago

Here are a couple pics of my Spirit of St. Louis. When I talked to you today, I told you I thought mine had a butt side strainer. Obviously, I was wrong! Looks like your butt side is correct.

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks for the reply. See, now I'm confused about the muffler. Yours (and all the other ones I've seen online) have the muffler by the throw off, which I have a hole drilled for, but mine is above the butt plate. Wouldn't make sense to just move it over there unless for some reason whoever was playing it at the time thought it'd be easier to have over there.

When in doubt, lay out.
Posted on 10 years ago

Yours also seems to have a metal lip that extends down over the edge of the wrap and different hoops. Can't help you on the muffler location though.

Posted on 10 years ago

Great drums guys.

What were these lug less drums called?

Are the shells extra thick to hold the threaded receiver?

At first glance, I thought they were knob tension. But no......

Cool stuff.

scott

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 10 years ago

They are from a company called Duplex. These are the Spirit of St. Louis line. Here is a really good writeup on these drums:

http://www.mikedolbear.com/story.asp?StoryID=2316&Source=Search&txtSearch=C

When in doubt, lay out.
Posted on 10 years ago

Scott,

The shell is of aluminum and the lugs are on the inside! Pretty bizarre design but definitely unique. Mine still has the original (I think) calf heads and sounds great!

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here