Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Leedy Broadway Dual restore.

Hi folks,

I promised you to get back regarding my plans on the Leedy I picked up a few days ago. A bit of research on the web and some of your reactions taught me that this was quite a nice find. (forgive me my ignorance).

The project took quite a turn when I contacted AK drums if they could help me out with the few missing parts.

Adrian Kirchler replied to me and offered me his services to help me bringing this drum back to its full glory. Still not knowing who the person was I googled his name and only then I realized who he was and discovered the man's work. (forgive me my ignorance again).

I guess we all had to start somewhere,...

Anyway, just before packing it for sending it to South Tirol in Italy, I took a few pictures of the drum. I gave it a soft-cleaning yesterday and it already looks quite good to me. The bottom snares are pretty rough so sound-wise I can't tell you a lot yet.

It'll take a few weeks or so to get it back,... 'll keep you guys posted.

3 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Sounds nice!

Good luck to you & AK drums!

Posted on 13 years ago

That drum is too cool for school!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

If you've got AK doing the restoration, you can rest assured that it will be done right. One of these days, I need to send him my 1929 Black Beauty.

Posted on 13 years ago

I just got the news from AK that the snare made it to Italy,...

... first hurdle taken !

In the mean time I would need to order some drum-heads,... any ideas ?

I've shipped the snare with a Remo coated ambassador batter and a Remo clear ambassador reso. With the repro AK snares that will be installed, I guess the drum will give a modern and more contemporary sound.

I would love to try it with calf skin heads,... would that make any sense taken into consideration it will have modern snares on them ?

I would also love to get some input on the double snare "thing".

Anybody out there who has experience playing them ?

Thanks

Stef

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Folks,

Long anticipated but today I received back the Leedy Broadway Dual from AK Drums in Italy. As expected, Adrian Kirchler did an amazing job, I couldn't be more happy with it.

As a picture says more than 1000 words,...

5 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

That is one sweet drum!Yes Sir

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here