Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Leedy Broadway Dual - How old is it?

Hello! Can anyone give me information on this Leedy snare drum. I know very little about these drums. This one does not have its badge. Can anyone tell me which badge went with this drum and about when it was made? I think it has "diamond lugs"??? The drum is wood covered with "Black Diamond"?? covering. One snare in on the outside and one on the inside. Thanks for any help!! Value would be fun to know also!! I am going to try to add a photo, if you want more detailed photos email me at [email]old-mags@centurytel.net[/email]. Leslie

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Hi,

You have an early 1930s Leedy (first generation) Broadway Dual...the lugs are nicknamed "box" or "X" lugs amongst collectors....first generation Duals had the top and bottom mechanisms that pulled out and away from the shell...the 2nd/3rd gen. mechanisms went side to side...you mentioned "no badge" but is there a gold (painted) grommet (see my photo...all the way left in the photo) on your drum? Value: 800.00-2000.00 depending on condition and finish...WMP/BDP are pretty common although Leedy Duals are scarecer (or is the correct English "more scarce"?) than the L&L equivalent Super-Sensitive Model of that same era. Hope that helps.

Mike Curotto

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here