Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Leedy Autographs of the Stars

This is a really cool Leedy drum set that I picked up at the Chicago Drum Show this past weekend from Steve Maxwell. It is a Leedy Improved New Yorker Outfit that is done in the Autographs of the Stars. I have the catalog that the original owner used to purchase the set with his notes on the cost

($256.03)! What is cool about this set is that the Autographs of the Stars were laid over white marine pearl instead of on a tourquoise blue background contact paper that was the normal catalog finish. The catalog is copyright 1939 & it does not have the Autographs of the Stars finish listed. The snare is stamped 4007 - (July 1940) & it is a 3 ply shell. This must have been an early example of this finish maybe one of a kind. The sizes are 14X28 bass, 9X13, 7X11,4X10 & 6 1/2 X 14 snare. The set is complete with hardware & all the accessories & it came from the original owner's widow.

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

That is a REALLY COOL kit! Truly a vintage collectable. Can you give us a little larger picture?

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 12 years ago

That's another nice one their Mike!!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 12 years ago

GG,

I will try to later when I can mess around with resizing the original picture which is too big for the forum picture size limit.

Thanks,

&

Thank you Mark!

Mike

Posted on 12 years ago

That's the snare drum that you are going to sell me right?Laughing H

Mike Curotto

Posted on 12 years ago

Wow, congrats Mike!

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 12 years ago

I saw that kit in one of the videos that was posted. Absolutely beautiful ! Congrats!

Looking for a late 80's to early 90's, preferably Arctic White Pearl MLX 14x14 floor tom.
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks!

Why Mike I forgot about that! :)

Posted on 12 years ago

From GG Vintage

That is a REALLY COOL kit! Truly a vintage collectable. Can you give us a little larger picture?

FYI.

I was able to increase the size a bit.

Posted on 12 years ago

Sweet! I had taken a pic of that kit at the show. Congrats on your purchase!

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here