Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Leedy & Ludwig Snare HELP?

I picked up a snare that is all mahogany. It measures 14 X 6. There are 8 lugs. The badge has Leedy & Ludwig Elk. IND. on it. The "Butt-plate"- I think that is what it is called- is broken. The fixed part that the snare connects to opposite the tension adjustment. I'm a guitar player-not a drummer. Does this snare have any value, or should I sell it in my next yard sale? I have some pictures, if this would help. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks,Tom

Posted on 17 years ago

Yes, and let me know when that it is. I would say put a $5.00 price tag on it so I can barter to $3.50!!!

No, No!!!!

The best thing if you do not want it is to sell it on the forum and or Ebay. Let's get a picture and or description of the hardware and strainer to better determine what the drum is.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

I don't know how to upload pictures to a forum. If you will send me your email address, I can send the pictures to you to post for me. That is, if you would not mind. [email]caudill1964@hotmail.com[/email] Thanks, Tom

Posted on 17 years ago

I could not get the pictures to upload here. I listed the snare on Ebay. Take a look if you would like. The item number is 290059705008

Posted on 17 years ago

looks like a nice drum. your buy it now price is too low. i'd remove it entirely if i were you.

there is no picture of the strainer or the broken butt plate. it looks like there are there no snares. also looks like one of the clamps attaching the tension rod to the rim is broken or maybe just unattached. are any beavertail lugs cracked or are they in good condition?

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for your comments on the drum. I have taken some additional pictures, and posted them. also, I have taken your advice by removing the buy it now price. I know very little about the value of drums. I used to deal with vintage guitars in the 1980s. It shocks me what that market has become. I sold my 1957 ES-175 with one PAF pickup for $1500.00. If I wanted it back today, which I do, it would cost about 4 times that amount. I sold a 1971 4-bolt stratocaster two years ago for $2500.00 Just yesterday I saw someone had one of these listed for $8500.00 It is just crazy!!!

Posted on 17 years ago

Isn't it? I'm a drummer/guitarist and I went through sooo much stuff in my youth I can make myself sick if I dwell on it- in fact, I still have (only because it came from my Grandpa) the very same snare you are selling, except when I was about 15, I dis-assembled it, sanded & painted it RED!! Badge?!!?? yea, I remember it being difficult to pry out with a screwdriver......

Posted on 17 years ago

That's cool that you managed to keep the snare. I'm sure it brings back some fond memories.

I could not help but notice your username. I sold a vintage set of drums in Indy back in the 90s to a place called sticks and tones. It was a really cool set. It was a complete set of slingerland radio king (m.o.t.). It was dated 1948. The old zildjian cymbals were also included. One of them had rivets in it. It would vibrate to give it a sizzle.

I bought the set for $150.00 from an elderly guy who used to play in a polka band. I ended up with a Fender american deluxe stratocaster. Although I only had $150.00 in the stratocaster, I still wonder if I let the drums go too cheap. This set was in time-warp condition. I'm not a drummer, but I enjoyed just looking at them. Quality is difficult to ignore.

Posted on 17 years ago

Possibly,today, the cymbals alone might have bought your strat. Depends, I guess. Mostly, that's the way things evolved with me, too- Always selling/trading for something new/different. I traded a '76 Gibson explorer for a new strat in '87. Still have the strat, forever a workhorse, but it wasn't a smart trade even then.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here