Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Leedy 4 point snare strainer 1934

I need a 4 point Leedy Speedway snare strainer for a 1934 Leedy Broadway Standard snare drum. I also need a butt plate. The strainer holes in my shell are in a rectangular pattern and are 1.5" apart horizontally and 1" apart vertically. The 2 holes for the butt plate are 2" apart. I can send pics of the drum if necessary. Any lead I can get for vintage Leedy parts is appreciated. Thanks.

bongobozzy

Posted on 15 years ago

Is it the trapeze bar used by Slingerland for the zoomatic strainer? If so, then there's one on Ebay right now

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

I don't think that it is a "trapeze bar" strainer, although I don't know what that is. I've been getting some information from a few folks around the country about it, and now I think that I'm looking for a 4 point Leedy Speedway strainer. There is a picture of it in the Great American Drum Book. It looks like it would match the holes in my drum shell perfectly. The Speedway strainer, according to the book, was used until about 1935, which would mean that my 1934 drum probably had that strainer on it.

Thank you for your reply. What do you think?

Oh, I misunderstood...please read my next post. (I thought you were talking about a strainer, not a butt plate. Sorry...

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for your reply. My butt plate is partially in tact on the shell of the drum. It is a very simple bracket that probably has a flat metal bar that tightens up against the butt plate and pinches the snare strings (I saw the same bracket on a couple of vintage Leedy drums on EBay right now). I could fabricate a small flat bar, tap a couple of screw holes into it and call it good, but I would rather get vintage parts if possible.

Posted on 15 years ago

Yep, I saw those butt plates also after I posted ... I'll keep an eye out!

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here