Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Leddy Timbale Restoration Help

I initially was selling these for a friend but just could not seem to part with them because they sound amazing. So long story short I bought them. What I have is a set of Leddy Brass Timbales. As you can see by the pic they are in need of help. Anyone have any suggestion on restoring the the brass on these? Thanks for any help.

1 attachments
Pog Mo Thoin
Posted on 10 years ago

Those are nice. First I would soak those claws and tension rods in white vinegar to remove the rust. And take the lugs off and soak them in some dawn dishwater and polish them up. As far as the sheels when all is removed, I am not a expert on brass but I am sure someone has some good ideas. Definitely clean them up.

There has to be a way to make those come back to life.

Posted on 10 years ago

Not That bad here is what you do.

List of things you will need

1) Drill

2) Buffing pad for drill get at any home depot or lowes. Home depot also sells a kit with buffing pad and 3 sticks of rouge sells for about $15.00

3) Paste buffing Rouge you can get this at any home depot or lowes

4) Get a bottle of Lime away or CLR

5) Steel wool 000

6) towel

Know Take drums apart take all chrome parts and dump them in the CLR or Lime away over night. Next day scrub with steel wool and dry them off.

Drums buff them out with buffing pad and Rouge. MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS OUT SIDE OR IN PLACE THAT CAN COLLECT DUST. WIFE WILL KILL YOU IF DONE INSIDE HOME.

Once finished put drum back together you should get these results if any questions feel free to contact me. Here also are a before and after photos of one of my sets Of Leedy worst than yours hahaha

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here