Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Leather Strap For Vintage Pedals

I picked up a vintage CAMCO hi-hat stand that came with a Rogers Kit from the early 60s. It's Model No. F1200, as featured in ROB COOK's fine publication, "The Rogers Book."

The stand functions fine, but I need to pick up a new leather strap for it. Any idea where I might find one of these these?

THANKS in advance for your time and input!

Posted on 16 years ago

Check the yellow pages for a shoe repair shop...or an upholstery shop... and then go there and ask the person there to cut you a strip of flexible leather.

Or, in a pinch, you can get a leather belt and cut a strip out of it. I have seen MANY a jury-rigged repair on those older strap pedals!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Best luck I have had getting durable leather has been at harness shops.

Patrick

Posted on 16 years ago

The Hollywood Pro Drum Shop (I don't need to pin down the address more than that, do I?) had NOS stock selling for 3USD a pop when I was there. Nice solid piece of mahogany polished leather with the manufacturers name in large gold lettering and absolutely the real deal nevertheless.

Drop 'em a line

http://www.prodrumshop.com/

- a couple of months ago they had well over 100. I can't imagine there's been a sudden run on them.

Posted on 16 years ago

All...........thanks so much for the feedback. I knew that you wouldn't let me down. I happened to come across one on E-Bay under the "view seller's other items" tab. Either no-one else saw it or no-one else wanted it! Either way I got it for a whopping ("drum roll, please!") 99 cents. Not bad!

ANTIPODES: If this "gem" doesn't work out, I'll definitely be getting in touch with The Hollywood Pro Drum Shop. I certainly appreciate the suggestion!

As usual, you guys have been extremely helpful!Yes Sir

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here