Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Late 70's Ludwig Butcher Block

From late 70, dont remember exactly.

Snare Super Sensitive 14x5, Bass 24x14, Tom 13x9, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16

Paiste 2002: 18 Crash, 18+22 Ride, 14 Sound-Edge

Posted on 7 years ago

Sweeeettt...!!!

Kevin
Posted on 7 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely Beautiful.

I love Ludwig Butcher Blocks. I have a late 70s 6-ply Butcher Block kit that I put together. Not quite as nice as yours though.

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments.

At the time I bought it we were in our stromy times as dance music combo and happened to be together in Zurich for a gig in the evening. In the afternoon we went to the music shop to get some new gear for the PA. The drum set was the only Ludwig in the showroom and I was then not very pleased by the wrap and would have prefered some nice glittering color. But everything else seemed to fit perfectly and so I bought it right away and used it first time at the gig in the evening.

I then played it with several bands over about 15 years before stopping playing music for about 20 years - but always kept the drum set which I now really loved. After that long time of absence I started playing in a trio again lately, and then decided to polish my old drum set up again. The speed king pedal and the hi-hat stand needed some more work since the grease was all dried and baken like glue, but the rest just needed to be cleaned.

Everything is still original as bought at the time including the drum heads, and the set just still sounds perfectly. I hardly could believe myself how good it still is after all the time and how it survided with hardly any scratch - although the drums never saw any bag or case and the hardware was just carried in a old leather suitcase.

Posted on 7 years ago

Wow, you played it in pro dance combos for 15 years? And these are the original heads?

I think those Ludwig mirror dots are pretty hardy things. And that you take good care of your stuff, too.

The kit looks showroom; the only clue I would have would be the port hole!

-Erik
______
Early '70's Slingerland New Rock #50 in blue agate (20-16-13-12)
Late '50's WFL Swingster/Barrett Deems in black/gold Duco
'70's Slingerland Gene Krupa Sound King COB
'76 Ludwig Supraphonic
early '70's Ludwig Acrolite
'80's Ludwig Rocker II 6 1/2" snare
Rogers Supreme Big "R" hi hat
Posted on 7 years ago

Very nice - basically showroom condition! Love those Hercules stands too.

thejohnlec
Ohio Valley
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here