Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Late 60's Rogers Restoration

Summer is here! First steps in the restoration!

I removed all the hardware and cleaned the shells inside and out. I found mud wasps, spiders, grass clippings, other bugs, and things I just could not identify. The shells cleaned up nicely.

The 16 floor looks very nice. Very little fade. You can barely see the fade under the lugs and such. It's got a great glossy sparkle to it. It's got depth to it. The bass has a splotchy fade. It is more yellowed on the bottom and more silver on top. Not bad, though. The 13 inch tom is very light. It's almost a milky white sparkle. Needless to say, the fade is not uniform on this kit. It's much nicer than I would have thought, though.

The insides of the shells cleaned up very well. They look more original inside.

Question:

Should I buy silver wrap for the bass and 13? The 16 looks great. Should I leave it alone and keep it original? Should I wrap the whole kit? What's your call?......

Posted on 15 years ago

The hardware is cleaning up fairly nicely. The chrome is pitted but shines. I had to work to get the rust off. Once I got it off, it started to take shape. Even the doggone collets had mud and gunk. These things were seriously dirty.

I posted a pic of the bass tom mount after removing the rust. It didn't do so well. The rust was through the chrome here. I guess I'll need another one of these. The collets and mounts look ok. They are WAY better than when I started.

The lugs are looking 'ok'. They are pitted but they do shine. So long as the rust keeps from breaking through, I should do ok.

Here's an idea! I will toss (ebay) the double tom pole mount thingy. I will replace it with a straight tom mount plate and a single tom arm. I only have the one tom anyway. Good idea or sabotage of a good kit? I wouldn't have to drill any holes! That's good. What do you think?

Posted on 15 years ago

Can someone please put a price on these... I am getting offers from several people who are interested in buying / trading and I don't have a clue what these are worth. Help.

Posted on 15 years ago

I'd have to say now where below $400. I could see you getting around $500-$700.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here