Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

L&S Nob 6.5x14 Tube Lug Snare

RARE 30s L&S LEEDY & STRUPE NOB 6.5X14 TUBE LUG SNARE

Item number: 7408494807

In looking at an eBay auction for a Leedy and Sons (L&S) snare, a few pieces of hardware looked not to be factory original. Didn't L&S use Slotted Hex head tension rods? I also thought that the butt plate held the snare cords with a metal strip attached with two screws similar to Radio King. I hope someone can take a look and let us know. Thank's Bill

Posted on 18 years ago

The butt side on that L&S looks correct. All the L & S drums I've seen had hex head slotted tension rods. Those collar hooks look like Slingerlands.

Posted on 18 years ago

Thank you Mr. K for taking the time to help. There are not alot of these snares out there to research and compare with the one on eBay. I agree that the butt plate looks correct. It just looked incomplete. The one L&S snare I own does have the little metal strip to hold the snare cords but that does not mean there were not different types.

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi,

This drum was found like this and the tension rods and butt do match my other L&S snare. The collars I do not remember.

Posted on 18 years ago

VA, Thank you for your response. L&S drums are so rare and Harry Cangany's (?) book was my only research tool. Thank you for broading my knowledge base. I have had outstanding transactions with you and Rich on eBay and found you both to be fast, fair and honest. Thank you for the new information. Bill BTW: If either of you have an L&S drum key, I'd like to buy it.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here