Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Lacquer Finish Protection - lug gasket material?

I'm getting ready to match some new shells to my early '80 Rogers Tobacco Sunburst kit - and touch up and re-clearcoat the existing shells. I have some finish damage on the original shells caused by the lugs. Don't want the damage to re-occur after all the hours I'll be putting in. And I'll take the protection vs: the non-vintage trade-off...

Anyone out there cut gaskets for Rogers Fullerton Beavertails? I know Rogers went to felt gaskets in '83 as the CBS pukes were sticking the knifes in... Any opinions on gasket material (neoprene vs: felt, etc) and possible sources/vendors will be very much appreciated.

Posted on 13 years ago

From azhtfreak

I'm getting ready to match some new shells to my early '80 Rogers Tobacco Sunburst kit - and touch up and re-clearcoat the existing shells. I have some finish damage on the original shells caused by the lugs. Don't want the damage to re-occur after all the hours I'll be putting in. And I'll take the protection vs: the non-vintage trade-off...Anyone out there cut gaskets for Rogers Fullerton Beavertails? I know Rogers went to felt gaskets in '83 as the CBS pukes were sticking the knifes in... Any opinions on gasket material (neoprene vs: felt, etc) and possible sources/vendors will be very much appreciated.

You can make the gasket's .You can used felt a store called Michael's sells it or any sewing store would..You can cut them from a no good drum head..You can use a sheet of clear plastic...ete,ete..Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here