Hey Guys,

I am very fortunate as to have finally gotten my '66 Ludwig Downbeat kit back from my 2nd xwife's brother after "loaning" this kit to him in '85. It's my first drum set my father bought for me in '66. It started as a standard downbeat Pink Champagne 20,12, 14 and came with a chrome supra, not the downbeat snare (don't know why). Later in '66 I added a 13' tom (had to have it) and in '69 added a second bass drum (had to have that too). Used the kit extensively and kept it cherry. Bought a Black Octaplus in '77 and the Downbeats were packed up and stored. I lent them out to the brother in law and he lives in the Dallas area and kept them on his back porch for years so the got sun and water exposure. I am bringing them back as best I can cause I just want to play them. Parts are on order and heads are coming. Can't wait to have them finished up and I will definitely gig with them in the future. Sorry for the long story but I think it's a good one. Won't let me upload pics but I will try to add them. Would love some feedback.