Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

LA Camco Bop Set

This is a 1977 LA era Camco drum set in black lacquer finish with gold & brass plated hardware. Originally ordered like this, the sizes are 12-14-18. A ebony wood finished 4 X 14 DW snare with a Craviotto solid shell & gold hardware was added to the drum set for a similar match. This was bought at the recent Chicago Drum show.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

wow those are spectacular!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Nice!!

LA Camco's are awesome drums with style and panache over the top!

They fill a unique niche in drum history too...

~K

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing..."
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks O'Lugs & Kelly - this beautiful set is a very classy looking with a story behind it. The toms sound great,especially the 12" - it is throaty and has great tone & projection. If you were to play this set at a gig, you would almost have to be dressed to the 9's in a black tuxedo!

Mike

Posted on 15 years ago

Very cool and elegant. I have an Oaklawn kit in the same sizes, but mine are green sparkle re-wrapped. I can play mine at a gig and wear jeans and t-shirt. Hehe.

Posted on 15 years ago

Chad played in nothing but a tube sock. Of course, he was playing PEARL drums at the time...so I guess that explains that!Laughing H

Posted on 15 years ago

I've commented on these elsewhere but why not here too. I love 'em.

Almost has me inspired to bite the bullet and do my long-considered black lacquer job on an old originally lacquered Oaklawn project kit (currently hiding beneath a fake 3D-moire wrap).

Cheers,

David

Posted on 15 years ago

If it had silver hardware i would be quite interested!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here