Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Korri snare drum

Just picked up this Korri 5x13 snare drum. Made by Tromsa in Germany -- either late 1950s or early 1960s. Was retrofitted with a Ludwig strainer.

I used to have an Aqua Sparkle snare like this long ago, but never knew what it was. If anyone has more info on Korri, I'd love to hear it.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

pretty drum. it would look good on the beach here.

Posted on 13 years ago

nice drum . yes german but on the fence about the lugs looks mij to me

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

Korri was a German music company ,that both made and purchased their products. I think, they had keyboards,some string instruments, music stands,percussion---maybe even some music. For a while in the 40's and 50's,they contracted the Russelsheim drum manufacturer, Tromsa to badge stock drums for them, although in a joblot of old ,mostly marching drum parts ,I obtained from Germany,there were some bits of hardware with Korri cast right into them. This is a very nice example of the standard 6 lug Tromsa snare that was in production for about 25 years. This one , with its stick slayer rim and clipovers is likely a late 40's incarnation. The original throwoff was mounted with 2 screws and had a lateral cam action. They are very hard to find. I have just enough to rebuild the drums, that I have( i have 20 snaredrums built in the Tromsa factory) but if i see one I will let you know. Would you want to sell or trade it?

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here