Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

KOAing Final Bop Set

Here is the latest members of my XP8 Koa family. The converted floor tom into 18" bass drum with 12"-14" toms (with 10" tom from original wrapped set). They join the 22"-12"-13"-16" already at home. Also includes 6" Keller shell and Powertone snares (with center band of Koa wrap to hide "polished" chrome). I put felt under the lugs similar to XP10 snares.

Vintage Logo provided the drum head Rogers XP8. The 18" head logo is size adjusted for the smaller head.

Very grateful thanks to Jeff Christenson for his careful and talented work on the shells. Also his idea to use the chrome script badges instead of the foil Big R badges. I like the look of them, so have 2 on each mounted tom cause I play left handed, but wanted right handed setups to still show the badge.

Round head bd tension rods from Trick Drum Company. Wanted something a bit different to go with the custom work done on the Bop set.

Pictures - Assembly Line - 3 new pieces - with added 10 tom - COB Powertone snare - Big and Little Brothers in family portrait.

Posted on 7 years ago

Looks great!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 7 years ago

Yes sir, that is one awesome family you have there. I kick my self for selling but they could not have gone to a nicer person, Im glad you have them, I can tell how much you love them. I have been looking at Rogers drums lately, I would like to have a kit again.

Thank you for your kind words and thanks for being easy to do business with. Enjoy those drums!

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 7 years ago

The chrome PowerTone with the wrap is a first for me. Very cool idea. What is the means of adhering the wrap to the shell, and could it be reversed at some juncture without damaging the chrome if the wrap was damaged?

Posted on 7 years ago

This is actually the second time for the PT being wrapped. First time was regular 3M glue like most shells. That came off pretty easy with some clean up. This time Jeff used double stick tape. Since there are so many contact points with lugs and other hardware, not much change of it moving in any case.

Posted on 7 years ago

Keeping KOA Alive! Nice job!

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 7 years ago

Beautiful!!

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

Looks great. Very cool!

I know this might sound completely moronic, and please forgive my ignorance, but:

What does "KOA" stand for? Does it refer to the finish? How is it different from "Butcher Block"?

Posted on 7 years ago

Love those! I dig the KOA drums. Have never owned any in that finish though.

Posted on 7 years ago

From vyacheslav

Looks great. Very cool!I know this might sound completely moronic, and please forgive my ignorance, but:What does "KOA" stand for? Does it refer to the finish? How is it different from "Butcher Block"?

KOA is a type of wood, usually from Hawaii. The covering on the shells are is actual KOA wood veneer. I looks like a single piece of wood. Butcher Block is a style of wood strips glued together, similar to a butcher block table, hence the name.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here