Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Kind Of Funny - Must See

I learned something new today - according to an EBay seller. I learned that Gene Krupa had Slingerland make a STUDENT LEVEL radio king that was finished like his basement - knotty pine!!!! Go see - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160338814947&viewitem=&salenotsupported

AND this drum, a 3-ply student drum is worth, according to the seller, $750!!! Have been missing this information all this time????

1 attachments
70.3 kB
Posted on 15 years ago

I think that is a true story, I have seen a few of those knotty pine slingies before. I think they are way cool!

Posted on 15 years ago

Another classic from "The Classics"..... that seller is always way out of my range with his prices, I don't even bother looking anymore.. Just my opinion

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

The drum story is mentioned in the Slingerland book. It does have credence. Still don't like the finish, though. It looks too much like lemony caramel. ugh. Would be cool, though. I've never seen a pine drum before. Oh well. Again...not a collector...not a collector...not a collector.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

The drum story is mentioned in the Slingerland book. It does have credence. Still don't like the finish, though. It looks too much like lemony caramel. ugh. Would be cool, though. I've never seen a pine drum before. Oh well. Again...not a collector...not a collector...not a collector.

Yeah, Keep telling yourself that!

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

I have the Singerland Book

the Slingerland Book was a friend of mine, and you, Senator,

are no Slingerland Book! (Lloyd Benson)

JUST KIDDING - AND, IF YOU DON'T GET IT - YOU ARE TOO YOUNG!!

PLEASE Point out where that exists in the Slingerland Book. i haveit and have yet to find it. IT seems somewhat insane that Slingerland would pull that as a sales stunt "Get a Snare Srum that Looks like Gene Krupa's Celler! - you will sound just like Gene as you play this three ply drum, which sounds sort of like Gene's One-Ply RK!!"

what was included? Lugs that looked like heroine needles? But then again, slingerland has pulled some stunts over the years.

In all honesty, and with apologies to Gene - who I respected greatly as a drummer and was saddened by his habit - I would like to see the source.

And I agree - "The Classics" seller is kind of insane.

Posted on 15 years ago

Page 137...top.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here