Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Keystone

:D Remember the Keystone cops??..Silent movies,Chaplin etc?..I was watching an old silent the other day and noticed on the credits that it was a keystone production,AND,it had the Luwig style badge as thier logo!!.Either i,ve missed something along the way or is it possible Ludwig borrowed that logo.Anyone able to shed a little light on the matter?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

Wayne,

A keystone is an architectural component. It is the stone located at the apex of an arch that locks the other stones (or bricks) in place. [IMG]http://www.pitt.edu/~medart/image/glossary/KEYSTONE.JPG[/IMG]

Many companies used the keystone as a logo.Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Thx,I never knew that.So there were a lot of companies using the actual what we refer to as the "keystone" logo,as in the badge itself?...The things you learn around hereHmmmm Would you happen to know the names of some of the companys,i,d like to do a little more "digging"...thx again

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago
"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

William Ludwig always liked a certain brand of Pennsylvania oil for his cars that had a Keystone image on the can...I don't remember which brand. The Keystone was an indicator that the oil came from Penn., the "Keystone State".

Posted on 17 years ago

I just talked to Bill Ludwig III and the Keystone Badge.

He basically stated (per O-lugs graphic) that he picked it because that last stone was the most important for strength and to tie the whole thing together. He also liked the shape.

BIII will be going to BII today and asking him if he has any memories of it. We all might not know BII has difficulty talking and moving, but he is still sharp mentally.

Other then that excellent topic..

David

Posted on 17 years ago

WOW!!!.Very interesting.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

I'm pretty sure the Pennsylvania state police use the keystone in thier logo, which is on all uniforms, and automobiles.

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here