Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Keystone Acrolite Muffler Question

I am a 100% Gretsch man, but I do want to have one Ludwig snare in the arsenal.

After thinking supra vs acro, I am inclined to go with acro. I am not really a great drummer and 8 lugs seems easier than 10 to deal with. Plus I don't like that supra pitting.

My preference though is that the acro be in very nice cosmetic condition and from the 60s.

There is a very nice looking 60s one on the 'bay right now that has a BIN of $200 but it's missing the muffler knob as far as I can tell.

The only relevant pic from the seller is below.

Is this an easy part to find and re-attach? If so, how much will that muffler be?

Thanks

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

That seems a bit high for an acro unless it is in pristeen condition. I got mine over a year ago for 130.00 shipped and it is in really good shape.

Posted on 14 years ago

I agree - Too high a price for a snare missing the tone control. Keep looking and you'll find one complete and in nice shape for less $$. Acro's are common drums.

If yo wan to buy this one and get a tone control, they should be fairly easy to find - No idea on the cost though.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

Interestingly the same snare didn't hit reserve and bid up to $185 just yesterday. I appreciate that it is a premium but I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to hovering over ebay. If I did, then I might have gotten this--the deal of the year?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LUDWIG-14-x-6-5-Acrolite-snare-10-lugs_W0QQitemZ200398190556QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea8a9b7dc

Posted on 14 years ago

Ludwig mufflers sell for $15-25 on eBay depending on condition and the phase of the moon.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here