Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Kester Design Flat Jacks Set

Hi to all - I am very pleased to find this site. Thank you David,

I have a set of Flat/Jacks drums I bought in 1961. They are a KESTER Design and made by Roundtable of Musical Craftsman (RMC). I also have the large black case with rollers that came with the set. I still have two of the original heads.

I am looking for other Flat/Jacks owners or someone that may know where I can locate previous owners. I did see a couple of the drums on Ebay but was too late to purchase the items. I just took my set apart and replaced all the heads with Ebony heads. The black heads look great with the chrome shells. I also have my 1960's Zildjian 20" ride simmer, 20" medium ride and 16" hi-hat cymbals. I still play my Flat/Jaks jamming with family and friends.

I have looked around and emailed vintage drum sites and stores with no luck. I have not received a reply to my email or anyone that can give me a value.

All assistance or ideas are appreciated. I will post a picture soon!

fjdrummerThe Band

Posted on 18 years ago

Sometimes I'm amazed at the stuff I have on the web site and that I can even remember where the images are, but in the Downbeat

magazine page. I have this add. They even made marching drums!!

[IMG]http://vintagesnaredrums.com/images/my_collection/literature/downbeat_magazine/db_march29-1966-19_th.jpg[/IMG]

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Thank you David,

I do remember the Marching Band bass drums. They could also spin them when marching. I would like to find a Flat/Jacks floor tom like the one shown in the picture from the Drumbeat magazine. That would complete my set. I will post a request in the next few days.

fjdrummer

Posted on 18 years ago

Help, Can anyone tell me the origin of these drums? Ihave had the set since 1968. I purchased them in Phoenix, Arizona. I was told at the time that Kester only produced 100 of these custom sets prior to his death. Can anyone verify this information? I'am interested in selling the set and have had an appraisel done recently.Hello all you Drum freaks. To further describe the set they are all chrome one single head with mufflers. The depth is 3 and a half inches. I believe the custom manufacturer(Kester) was from England. Can anyone help me?????

Posted on 17 years ago

Hello, I have the same drum set as yours, and I like to have more info on these drums. However, don't sell them!! I can tell you these are rare. Please let me know should you have more infoon these drums. I have a pic of mine if you're interested. Charles

Posted on 16 years ago

David, I also have a complete set of kester flat jacks in nice shape. I have a pic available if you like.

Posted on 16 years ago

Sure, you can post it here or directly in the gallery..

Let me know if you need it sized correctly.

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I would like to get photos of what you all have and create a page for it.

Then when I find information I can keep the page updated.

If you have any literature, scan it and send it to me if you can.

Thanks

David

Posted on 16 years ago

David, I tried to upload my pic, but the file was too large. Can I send it another way. These are one of a kind drum set. Very rare! Charles

Posted on 16 years ago

Email it to me at [EMAIL="vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com"]vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com[/EMAIL]

Here is your image Charles!

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here