Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Kent shell mount cymbal stand

My 8 year old son and I are working on finishing his first kit. We are in need of a bass shell mount cymbal stand. It doesnt have to be 100% correct for a Kent set but I would prefer it to be the same mid 60's era.

Anyone have one they are willing to part with ?

Posted on 17 years ago

Bump

anyone ? anyone ?

Posted on 17 years ago

ebay will have them

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago

Been there ... unless Im not using the right search, I cant find any on eBay !

Posted on 17 years ago

Ironically, I was just fixing up the bass-mounted cymbal stand on my 50's Kent kit last night...

Which kind are you looking for? My 50's Kent has a straight, vertical post that mounts on the top center and slides in and out of a holder that is identical to the spur holders. I have also seen the L-arm style of cymbal stands for Kent bass drums that mount on the side of the drum. If you are looking for the L-arm type, just about any older L-arm mount from Rogers, Slingerland, Ludwig, etc. will work and look about the same. I have never seen the vertical type for sale anywhere, even on Ebay.

Posted on 17 years ago

Go figure. Its the vertical type Im looking for. Ebay just had a bass drum in very poor condition but it had the stand. I think I was sniped on it as I lost the bid in the last 3 seconds.

Posted on 17 years ago

If you can't find the vertical type and just want some sort of bass mounted cymbal arm, try drummaker.com - They sell a hoop mounted L-Arm and a shell mounted L-arm setup for around $50.00. I have the shell mount version and it's very good quality and will hold a med weight 20" ride with no problems.

The hoop mount style would be fine for a med to light weight cymbal, but I wouldn't trust it to support a 22" + Zil A or other big heavy cymbal as it would put too much strain on the hoop.

Hoop mount

Shell mount

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here