Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Kent mahogany?

The 12" is lined with mahoany,is this something Kent did?.Of the plies,there is maple in there but not on the outer ply.I know its a Kent because of the hardware and it matches the other maple drums....thought i,d askHmmmm

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I believe the Kent name was bought and then they made import kits for the u.s. does the mahogany look like luan? Or like real mahogany?I am no expert but if it is luan it could be a later drum that matched,if it is real mahogany ,I don't know what to say,pics would help.

Posted on 14 years ago

All the Kent Japan drums I've seen are very different from Kenmores-grey painted luan interiors and oval Kent badges,not round style.And I've never seen the American lugs on a MIJ shell,or any American hardware,for that matter.Never seen a mahogany interior on an American Kent 3-ply drum.Show us the goods!

Posted on 14 years ago

Far as I know, the US made drums were maple only. Later import shells DID in fact have the Kent US made hardware (lugs, hoops, etc...) and possibly even the badges for a short while.

I fear that if the shell is mahogany (or lauan) then it's an import shell or worse - a fake.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

I cant send pics because the kit is being re edged,but the thing is is that it matches the orange sprkl EXACTLY,with the same aging process.There is maple in the plies,you can see it,and it does have the Kenmore badge.Im thinking it could be one of those things that gave them a bad name for lack of consistancy....who knows,its odd because the floor,snare and kick are all maple??:confused:

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here