Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Kent Drums

Anyone have an idea when Kent made drums in metallic orange? I can't seem to find any info on when colors were available with Kent.

Posted on 15 years ago

Not much is known about Kents and dating them is *mostly* guesswork. When you say metallic orange, are you referring to orange sparkle? I know Kent did lots of sparkle wraps (orange included) but I have no idea when it was introduced, or how long it was offered.

It's better to go on the type/color badge than a color, assuming they still have the badges intact.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

As to the color, it's hard to say....I'll know more when I go look at them in the morning. But they were described as metallic to me. Here is a little peek at the color - don't think it would help distinguishing which it is.

I know it can be hit or miss with Kent drums. But are there time periods when they were better than others (ie. early 70's suck, mid 60's are good)?

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

I saw the ad for these, and was also curious about the wrap color. I'd be curious to hear what you found out. The price seemed reasonable, assuming that they are in decent shape.

Posted on 15 years ago

Just got back from looking at them and I passed. They were Kent's from the 70's that were made in Japan. They weren't two ply maple shells. Much thicker with a granitone painted interior. Kinda rough shape and missing half or more of the hardware on the two basses. The wrap was pretty scratched up and the hardware had a decent amount of rusting/pitting. The wrap was original - and yes, it was metallic orange with no sparkle. I would liken it to the color of orange soda with a clear film over it. It could be really cool with a lot of work, but not really worth it.

Posted on 15 years ago

Good call and sorry I didn't get back to you in time. I knew once I saw the wrap that it wasn't a US made Kent kit. For $200.00 you can do better. If it had been $75.00 well now....

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here