Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Kent Drums out of storage

Are these drums worth anything?

Looks like Kent blue badge, black pearl (I think?, info based on searching this forum). Note the amount of rust in the pics.

They were given to me years ago and have been up in garage rafters for 10 years. I'm looking to sell them, hopefully someone with some rhythm can get some use of out them.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

[Attachment: 9401]

[Attachment: 9402]

[Attachment: 9403]

[Attachment: 9404]

Posted on 15 years ago

Nice, need a lot of restoration, but probably worth a little something.

I'd like a shot at the cymbals. Got any stamps on the undersides? Can you shoot some pix to my PM box if you find some stamps? They would be hammered into the metal on the backsides. As for the drums, I'm not a Kent guy, but you never know.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]They look like old A's, the cymbals (or maybe old Italians)...so, the stamp might be on the top side, yes ?

BigTreble....you should send a PM to member Big Daddy....he is a bit of a Kent collector.

Just FYI...Kent was always a bit of a discount line drum maker, so you don't have a gold mine there.

But the company does have its fans, and an interesting history...... [/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! I'll get some more photos of stamps/cymbals posted tonight.

I'm already getting some PMs asking for sale info. I have no idea how much they're worth, hoping to get that info from this forum.

I'm also interested in learning the best way to sell them... Craigslist/Ebay/vintagedrumforum? Split the set?

I'm located in Detroit, MI for those who are asking.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi-I don't know what happened to your Kent drum set-it is exactly the same as my first set!(color-sizes)My grandfather,a local big band-GB drummer,made me a floor tom out of a marching drum(15")with steel rods and eye bolts for legs.Nice drums-horrible hardware.Played them for about 5 years with upgrades-Slingerland 12-13-16 added later.Nostalgia just looking at the pictures.

Posted on 15 years ago

Did someone mention my name??? :)

I'm not in the market right now for another Kent kit. I have to finish my Ludwig project before I can even think of buying another.

That said, I think I can put a value on the drums - I own about 5 - 6 Kent snares and 2 Kent kits. I've passed up a few kits as well.

Anyhow, judging from the condition of the wrap, the rust, and the fact that it's a 3 piece w/no floor tom, I'd say a fair price would be around $100.00. I'm not including the cymbals in the price because I don't know what they are.

Also, was that garage heated by any chance? You said you're in Detroit - I'd be concerned with the condition of the shells if left in an unheated, Detroit garage for 10 years.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here