Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Just Ebay'd this

Not a bad price considering it looks in incredible shape. And I grew up with a red sparkle set and I've been nostalgic for one the last few years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170580803685

Posted on 13 years ago

I was watching that auction. That drum is in fantastic shape! I'm glad it went to a forum member and someone that will appreciate it. I wanted to bid on it, but I just cant have another drum right now.

Anyway, nice score! If you can, when it arrives, would you mind posting some pics here for posterity? Even has the original heads!!!

Posted on 13 years ago

Heck, yeah. I'll probably tear it apart and totally detail it, even though it probably won't need much. I'll felt the lugs and lube everything. I like the original batter head. I may or may not change the reso. Depends on the condition.

And I'll possibly sand the interior and lacquer it, but again depends on how it sounds at present. I had gotten to the point of having too many drums but I sold two this week so what the heck. I still have two more on Craigslist that might go also.

I'm waiting on some lugs from Mikey for my blue sparkle Whitehall and then that baby will be put back together and on the shelf. Now to find a green sparkle something or other.

Posted on 13 years ago

I finally got around to tearing this baby apart. All the chrome is polished and the lug springs are felted. I need to sand the inside of the shell and then polish up the outside tomorrow. It really is in excellent shape. A few washers rusted but other than that, it's primo for an older drum.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here