Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

joins on COB Supra?

hi there... i am considering on buying a 1960s COB supra. as i am always a bit (maybe too) suspicious on things and of course don't want to buy sth not original i asked the seller a few questions. he insured me that the drum was all original COB (with COB rims) and the only thing being that the shell had a join in the shell. he also explained to me that this sometimes was the case, but i have always thought the brass supras of the early 60s were seamless... or did i misunderstand sth there? also: what would be a good price for a 1960 COB supra? thx.

Posted on 15 years ago

The COB supras also had crimped snare beds, the early ones. Thats the big tell tell sign as well as some of the very early Super Ludwigs had a flange folded back to the inside of the drum on the bearing edge. Price depends on condition, etc. Viewing Ebay's latest ended auctions for that snare is the best way to figure on price.

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here