Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

John Scullion came to my gig and played!

A few years ago, I was researching all the people whom I thought had the best left hand technique for rudimental grip. One of the people I came across during that research was John Scullion.

Fast forward to last Thursday night:

I'm at my gig, setting up my drums and a friend from the local drum school (the owner, actually) came over to say hello and introduce me to his friend, John Scullion -the world's Scottish pipe and drum snare drumming champion -or something like that. I forget the exact title.

My jaw dropped as I registered the name and the face. WOW!

He was such a kind and gracious man -a real guy! We asked him if he would perform a little something and so he came up and did this thing with just the sticks -kinda like that thing Buddy Rich used to do sometimes. Wow!

Anyway, it was a real honor for me to have him in the audience. He brought such a great vibe. I wanted to dig up something to share, here, just so you can appreciate what I'm talking about in terms of technique.

Enjoy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaM5lndd-ZU[/ame]

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Simply epic.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 14 years ago

I can truly appreciate his technique- the left hand trad grip is such an unlikely grip to be comfortable and flexible, yet it is- it can do so much. The only comment besides applause is a question- why do they like that kind of snare sound? IMHO I think what the drum corps drummers play would sound much better on a normal traditional marching snare. That sounds like a practice pad. (no offense please!)Sumo Dude

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Perhaps in search of ultimate articulation.... ???

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here