Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.62213%

JB medley

Time to GET DOWN..w/James Brown.. love this , always fun on drums.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oQRmx6M8-U[/ame]

Posted on 13 years ago

Now that's some feel good drummin Keep on Pl

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

UGHHHH!

Hit me!

yyeeeeEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Good Gawd!

Mister T

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 13 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's John "Jabo" Starks on the left. He was in the band at the time and played on both the tracks in the studio. That's a James Brown thing to have one drummer play one part and the other drummer play another part on Soul Power. It kind of looks like Clyde Stubblefield on the right, but, he wasn't in the band at that time..I think. James Brown went through a lot of drummers, and just because a drummer left, it didn't mean they wouldn't be back. That's a crazy clip, because, a few years later all the artists on Soul Train would lipsync to a prerecorded track.

Say it loud, I'm funky and proud!

Ahhhhheeeeehhhhhhh!

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 13 years ago

Maybe old news/trivea but Led Zeppelin were fans of James Brown also, doing the song, The Crunge. JB would say in the song (Sex Machine).." Shall I take 'em to the bridge....Can I take 'em to the bridge... take 'em to the bridge... and on The Crunge at the end of the tune they say ,"where's that confounded bridge"?

Posted on 13 years ago

From Olimpass

Maybe old news/trivea but Led Zeppelin were fans of James Brown also, doing the song, The Crunge. JB would say in the song (Sex Machine).." Shall I take 'em to the bridge....Can I take 'em to the bridge... take 'em to the bridge... and on The Crunge at the end of the tune they say ,"where's that confounded bridge"?

The crazy part is that the Crunge isn't in 4/4 time. So, Zep got inspired by James Brown and made a funky jam in an odd time. That's pretty sweet. Celebration Day, from Zeppelin 3 is pretty funky, too. Trampled Under Foot, from Physical Graffiti is super funky. Led Zeppelin and John Bonham had the funk for sure.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here