Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Jazz festival

Would anyone have a jazz festival snare shell for a project I’m working on? Thank you.

Posted on 5 years ago

I have this shell. I'm not positive it's a jazzfest as it came to me in rattlecan black with Imperial lugs on it. The lug holes have been bored out for the Imperial lugs but are still small enough to hold. It looks like the original mount holes are 1 3/4" center to center. The original butt and throw holes are 2 1/4" center to center. Anyway, if you're interested, I'm looking for $20 plus shipping.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/33z9r9d.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 5 years ago

[QUOTE=Gretsch that stole xmas;441794]I have this shell. I'm not positive it's a jazzfest as it came to me in rattlecan black with Imperial lugs on it. The lug holes have been bored out for the Imperial lugs but are still small enough to hold. It looks like the original mount holes are 1 3/4" center to center. The original butt and throw holes are 2 1/4" center to center. Anyway, if you're interested, I'm looking for $20 plus shipping.

I'm not quite sure what shell this would be. I do know that Ludwig snare drums, with double-ended snare lugs, were/are still at 2-3/16". Don't know what lugs would have been 1-3/4". As to the strainer and butt, I believe they've always been about 2-1/2" for the strainer and about 1-7/8" for the butt.

-Mark

Posted on 5 years ago

Thank you to both. That certainly looks like the right era of three ply shell,but the hole centre do not seem to be quite right for a jazzfest. Thanks for posting though and still very interested if anyone else has a suitable shell or old drum that needs restoring.

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here