Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Jazz Festival - New Record?

Wowsa. Eye Ball

I'll admit the year, color and condition make this one rare

piece, but whew!

That's Black Beauty range!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-60s-Ludwig-Jazz-Festival-in-Oyster-Black-Pearl_W0QQitemZ300149946783QQihZ020QQcategoryZ64434QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 17 years ago

Wow - is Black Oyster Pearl really such a big deal to people?

I love The Beatles and love playing their tunes in a band, but that does not make BOP my favorite finish and I have no desire to have a set that looks just like Ringo's. I guess lots of folks do, though. But, enough to pay 8 times what you could get the same drum for in another finish???

crazy..

John

Posted on 17 years ago

It's a phenomenon. But...when this kind of thing happens (and it DOES happen), it has a lot to do with the excitement of getting caught up in a bidding war, too. One guy sees the drum and needs it to complete his "Ringo" kit. Another guy across the country needs it for the same reason. Each of them are already prepared to pay a higher-than-normal amount. One guy is winning, then the next second, another guy is winning it..Oh, no! He's getting MY Ringo drum! NOOOoo! And so on.

"(Bidding) War is Hell"Falling Do

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

And then comes the Bidder's Remorse.

Or, "How am I going to pay for this thing?"

Posted on 17 years ago

That was my drum. Believe or not, that's about average market value for these things. I'd seen one go for $2200 Buy it now and another for $2400 buy it now. I didn't have it in me to ask that much for a snare so I let the bidders decide...the buyer was a super nice guy with a passion for Ringo drums. A Ringo snare's price has basically doubled in the past 5-10 years, so it could also be a good investment. I'm keeping my other one to help pay for my retirement!

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I'm keeping my other one to help pay for my retirement!

Can dig that.

I forwarded this to a chum who has the same...May 12, 1963.

As it's 1 day before my birthday, I've cajoled him with everything from

an HD T.V. to a weekend in Rio. ( And retrospective guilt for other scores )

No Dice.

It's fun to listen to him tell me off after all these years...

:)

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 17 years ago

Well...it IS a beautiful drum. I'm not big into BOP, but I know some people go nuts for it. Hey, more power to them. At that price, the drum is sure to be kept well and respected (or at least I hope so!).

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here