Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Japanese "Pedal" Hi Hat Stand/Kick Pedal?

Anyone ever see one of these MIJ hi-hat stands where the footboard says "pedal"? Im gonna check out the Japanese section of the site after I post this, but just throwing it out there incase there is some crazy story or something.

I assume there were also bass drum pedals?

I just picked up this killer gold sparkle "Olympian" stencil kit yesterday (badges look like "Vans Off The Wall" for any skateboarders on the forum) and it has all of the original hardware (bass mount cymbal holder, flat base cymbal stand, hi hat stand, snare stand, cowbell/woodblock holder, clip on front spurs in addition to the disappearing spurs). Only problem is it came with a Speed King! Its a really cool kit...most likely a Pearl stencil. I think it would be great to get it back to all original with a "Pedal" kick pedal. Ill use the Speed King on a Ludwig kit!

Thanks!

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

I have a couple of MIJ hat stands that are similar to your stand, but they say "Speed Pedal" on them. They are from the 70's. Sorry I don't have any pics right now.

I have never heard of an Olympian stencil kit before. There are certainly alot of stencil names out there. Cool drum!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 13 years ago

Thats cool. Id like to check out some pics of yours if you get a sec. If anyone else has seen anything like this and knows where I might be able to grab a "Pedal" kick pedal that would be rad!

This kit is too cool. I am cleaning it up right now (thinking about gifting it to my nephew in a few years). Ill post some pics when its done. Just finished polishing up the steel snare. Looks like a supra copy only with 8 lugs and slingy style lug casings. Pretty standard fare for MIJ, but actually sounds pretty dang good for what it is. Throw works great too.

The kit is pretty standard I guess except for the fact that I have never seen the "Olympian" brand before and I guess you don't see TONS of gold sparkle....and I have never seen a MIJ kit this complete. Literally everything is original on it except for the two bass drum heads (which are old REMO Weather King upgrades), the snare heads (which are Ludwig Weather Master upgrades), and I had to replace the reso head on the 12 inch tom because of a tear. The rest of the tom heads are original and all of the hardware/extras are there too. Pretty crazy.

Now if I can just find that stinkin "Pedal" kick pedal!

-Ad

Posted on 13 years ago

This came with a early Star kit. The kick pedal that came with this kit. Glad that they identified it as a pedal, so there would be no confusion.Laughing HLaughing H!! I just can`t figure out what they were thinking, when they decided to place the word PEDAL on the foot board.

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Did you buy the kit new or used? If used, someone maybe replaced the "Pedal" bass pedal with what you've got pictured just like the kit that I got that had a Speed King instead of a Pedal pedal?

Just trying to find out if "Pedal" pedals exist or not. Anyone seen one?

Posted on 13 years ago

Lookie what I found SOLD on ebay (darn!!)

-Ad

Posted on 13 years ago

I have an old Japanese high hat stand that has "Pedal" on the footboard. Has a leather pull strap as well. First high-hat I ever owned!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here