Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Japanese drums.

Hey there.

Does anyone have any information about Crown Drums, or Stewart Drums? All I know is that they are low budget Japanese drums that were made in the 60's (at least). I still have my first "real" snare which is a great sounding Crown drum and was wondering about the company's history since I never hear or read anything about them - or Stewart drums. Any information is much appreciated.

Posted on 18 years ago

Well, I have heard that there were two main factories that built drums in Japan back in those days. One of them was the Hoshino Company and I forget the other one.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

Stencil kits in the 60's were made by either Tama Or Pearl. And the list of all the names does include Stewart and Crown amongst numerous others ( the list I have is of 50+ names ). I have played a crown snare before and loved it.Same with Stewart. You have some nice drums on your hands...no question on that. They're not worth alot...but they are good drums.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here